Edward G Wylie Building, Glasgow

Edward G Wylie Bldg, Glasgow
Edward G Wylie Bldg, Glasgow

Designed by Edward G Wylie, and built between 1928 and 1931, the building at 95 Bothwell Street is a Glasgow landmark which is uniquely identified by the magnificent musical clocks at each corner.  A Wetherspoons pub on the ground floor is named after Mr. Wylie, the original architect, who

Edward G Wylie Pub, Glasgow
Edward G Wylie Pub, Glasgow

won a competition to design the building on behalf of the Scottish Legal Life Assurance Company.